DISTRICT HALL EMPLOYMENT
Be notified of
new job postings!
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS (4)
AGASSIZ FIRE DEPARTMENT | COMMUNITIES IN BLOOM |
KENT HARRISON COMMUNITY DISASTER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM | RCMP AGASSIZ DETACHMENT
AGASSIZ FIRE DEPARTMENT - Part-time Firefighters
If you are a motivated individual, physically fit, 18 years old or older, you may have a future as a part-time firefighter. Eligible applicants will be required to complete 10 week recruit training.
Click here to download the Job Requirements and Qualifications document
COMMUNITIES IN BLOOM
KENT HARRISON COMMUNITY DISASTER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
What is Emergency Social Services (ESS)?
Emergency Social Services (ESS aka Kent - Harrison Community Disaster Assistance Program) provides short-term services (generally up to 72 hours) to preserve the emotional and physical well being of evacuees and response workers in emergency situations. This assistance includes food, lodging, clothing, emotional support and family reunification.
Who are ESS Volunteers?
The District of Kent and Village of Harrison Hot Springs residents who have a desire/passion to help plan and assist to provide for the well being of community members, who have been evacuated from their homes in the event of disaster. Volunteers are required to:
- Be in good health
- Be at least 18 years of age, unless parental consent and ESS Director authorization
- Submit an ESS Volunteer Application Form
- Be interviewed by the Volunteer ESS Director and attend an Orientation to ESS
- Be prepared to complete a Consent for Criminal Record Search
- Submit a Emergency Management BC Volunteer Registration Form + photo ID
- Commit approx 4- 8 hours per month for required meetings, working groups, free training courses and exercises. More hours are required for on-call duties.
What do ESS Volunteers do?
- Provide paper work for arrangements of temporary services to the evacuees, through pre-arranged community suppliers such as restaurants, grocery store, hotels, clothing store, etc.
- Provide for pre-arranged facilities to be adapted into a Reception Centre for a safe place, where multiple evacuees can gather to receive information and assistance
- Provide for pre-arranged facilities to be converted into Group Lodging, in the event the community needs to offer lodging to a large number of evacuees
- Provide Emergency Preparedness education to the public and community organizations
How can I apply?
Fill in the application form and drop it off at:
District of Kent Municipal Hall , Attention: ESS Coordinator
7170 Cheam Avenue, Agassiz, BC
send it by fax to 604-796-9854
Emergency Social Services Government Office, www.ess.bc.ca
Emergency Social Services Association, www.essa.ca
Provincial Emergency Program of B.C., www.pep.bc.ca
Justice Institute of B.C., www.jibc.bc.ca
RCMP AGASSIZ DETACHMENT - AGASSIZ RCMP SPEED WATCH PROGRAM
Do you want to take an active role in solving the speeding issue by raising the public awareness of the actual speed motorists are traveling? Speed Watch is a volunteer community-led program that creates awareness about speeding in neighbourhhoods working in partnership with police and ICBC.
Please click here for more information